Several things up today in the $2.00 Tuesday category :) I also had a question regarding the Elegant Overlays. I am sooooo sorry I...

$2.00 Tuesday and quick tutorial

Several things up today in the $2.00 Tuesday category :) I also had a question regarding the Elegant Overlays. I am sooooo sorry I didn't get this up sooner. There are several ways that you can use the overlays. You will need a paper and an overlay. I used the Elegant Overlays 2 and the Cranberry Cream kit (they are both pictured above). Place your overlay on top of the paper. Since the Cranberry color is dark the black overlay on top looks good. This is not always the case. Cranberry paper with Elegant Overlay on top. No changes necessary. Here is the same overlay on top of a cream paper from the same kit. WOW is that too dark, or what. So I go to the layers panel, and change the blending mode to Overlay. (You can play around and find one that works for you. Each blending mode will give you a different look to your page. PS. Make sure you are on your overlay layer. Here is the final product. The overlay blending mode helped blend it into the background paper giving it a very nice look! If it is too dark you can change the opacity of the overlay. Done, now go forth and blend away!


You may also like

1 comment:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [06 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.